[Mailman-Users] Using wget to turn digest mode on/off

Curtis Preston cpreston at glasshouse.com
Thu May 31 10:18:15 CEST 2007

I need to be able to interact with MailMan via php without using the
command line, so I've been playing around with using URL commands.  I've
been able to do several things in MailMan using wget (and php's
file_get_contents subroutine), but there's one that's eluding me.

Here's what I CAN do:

List the mailing lists on the server:

http://<domain>/mailman/admin

List a user if they're in a given list.  It also shows whether they're
using digest mode.

in>.com&adminpw=<pw>

Subscribe a user without telling anybody:

http://<domain>/mailman/admin/<listnam>/members/add?subscribe_or_invite=
0&send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch=0&notification_to_list_owner=0&subscrib

Unsubscribe a user without telling anybody:

http://<domain>/mailman/admin/<listname>/members/remove?send_unsub_ack_t
o_this_batch=0&send_unsub_notifications_to_list_owner=0&unsubscribees_up

BUT what I CAN'T do is turn a user's digest mode on or off.

I've tried:

&options-submit&options-submit&adminpw=<pw>

But that doesn't authenticate.  On the real web side, it works if you
authenticate FIRST with another page, then call the user's options page
after you're authenticated as the admin, but I don't think I can do that
with wget.

I've tried:

http://<domain>/mailman/admin/<listname>/members/list?lfind_member=<user
>@<domain>&digest=off&setmemberopts_btn&adminpw=<pw>

But there I've got the problem that an unchecked radio button doesn't
show up.  I've tried several iterations with no luck.

HELP! (TIA)

---

W. Curtis Preston

Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS

VP Data Protection

GlassHouse Technologies