[Mailman-Users] Low level smtp error: Server not Connected

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue May 29 00:57:41 CEST 2007

On 5/28/07, Leonard Jacobs wrote:

>  Wish it were so simple. There are no obvious errors in the postfix
>  maillog files. In fact postfix is receiving and sending messages fine,
>  just no mailman messages are getting delivered except for the response
>  to the list creator that the list was created and notifications to the
>  list posters that there is a message waiting to be reviewed. Once the
>  moderated poster's message is released from the queue, it triggers the
>  "server not connected" errors and never actually delivers any messages.

Searching through the archives of the mailman-users list (in
accordance with FAQ 1.18) turns up a number of hits.  I did
<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Server+not+connected%22+inurl:mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/>,
but there are other searches that could also have been done.

In the article at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-August/046366.html>,
the problem was an inappropriate setting for SMTPPORT that needed to
be fixed in the mm_cfg.py file.

Then there's the article at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-September/046418.html>,
where Mark Sapiro points out essentially the same search, and other
issues that other people needed to resolve, in particular "setting
SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION to 1 and/or setting SMTP_MAX_RCPTS
to some small number."

Then there's the article at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-July/038047.html>,
and more than sixty others.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0