[Mailman-Users] Listing Subscriptions with bounce_score>0

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Fri May 25 17:08:29 CEST 2007

I have previously posted to this list about lists that I have whose
membership is based on external sources (e.g., a Human Resources
database).  I update the list memberships daily via

     sync_members

One problem I have is with bounce processing.  All bounces are processed
by Mailman, which updates a bounce_score for the subscriber.  Some
of these lists are used infrequently, so I set

     bounce_info_stale_after = 40

I have set

     bounce_notify_owner_on_disable = Yes

so the owner will see all subscriptions disabled due to bounces.

I have not changed

     bounce_score_threshold = 5.0

so there can be a number of bounces before the threshold is reached,
the subscription is disabled, and the list owner is notified.

I want to know about all bounces so that I can have the HR database
updated, if necessary.  What I want to do is run a cron job daily that
will list all of the subscriptions in all of the lists where
bounce_score>0.  I started cloning list_members, but I decided that
before I go too far I should ask this list (1) if anyone has done this
and can share the code, and (2) if this is the proper way to proceed.
Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov