[Mailman-Users] mailman aliases

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:17:56 CEST 2007

Just for clarification, what is the use for the mailman list that is
listed in the aliases file? Is this a required list and if so, what is
it's purpose.

If that is not required, what are the necessary entries in the aliases
file to take care of mailman-bounces, mailman-owner, etc? Would that
just be aliases to individual email addresses to take care of messages
pointed to those mailman addresses.

I have been runnning mailman for a number of years and it recently was
pointed out that the mailman at mydomain.com didn't go anywhere. So,  I
added an alias to it and to mailman-owner and mailman-bounces to my
email address in the aliases file.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but these have to point
somewhere. I have read through the Mailman installation docs and FAQ,
but can't find a definitive answer. Pointing me to some documentation
would be sufficient. Thanks

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com