[Mailman-Users] 'Discard all messages marked Defer' not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 18 19:55:37 CEST 2007

Rick Pasotto wrote:

>On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 03:45:42PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
>> It doesn't work for subscription requests. It still works fine for
>> posts.
>>
>> On a page that had one of each the post was discarded but not the
>> subscription request. On a page with just a subscription request
>> nothing at all happens.
>>
>> Using 2.1.9 on debian.
>
>It just occurred to me that 'messages' != 'administrative requests'
>which is how I was reading it.
>
>If that is in fact the intent, is there some way it could be made
>clearer? It certainly makes no sense to have the option when there are
>no messages to which it would apply though I do recognize the difficulty
>of programming that.

Yes, it is the intent that it apply only to 'messages'.

Do you have a suggestion as to how to make it more clear?

I agree that it doesn't make sense to offer the option when there are
no messages on the page, but as you recognize, this would require an
initial extra pass through the requests as the page is currently built
sequentially, and the checkbox at the top is created before we know if
any of the requests are 'messages'.