[Mailman-Users] How to configure a list for invitation-only subscriptions?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri May 18 05:39:40 CEST 2007

On 5/17/07, Carter Braxton wrote:

>  Thank you -- I looked at those section of the FAQ and they don't seem
>  to directly address this issue, they talk about broadcast-only lists,
>  restricting posting to specific users, etc. What I'm looking for is a
>  way to cut off all avenues of someone randomly joining unless they have
>  first been sent an invitation. As I mentioned in another response, so
>  far I've disabled the "-join" email address.

Ahh.  That is a different matter, yes.  I must have missed something
in the original post, because this was not clear to me.

No, Mailman does not have any method (that I know of) for making
lists "by invitation only".  You can require approval from the
Moderator(s) or List Owner(s), but as you observed that's not the
same thing.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0