[Mailman-Users] Looking for professional help

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu May 17 23:32:09 CEST 2007

On 5/17/07, Brian Carpenter wrote:

>  My installation of mailman is on a Linux box running cPanel/WHM. The os is
>  CentOS 4.4.

That's the kind of information we would have needed to know before we
would be able to help you.  See FAQ 6.11, as well as FAQs 1.22 and
1.23.

>               It is not an apple machine.

Part of the process you showed was referencing a ".DS_Store" file.
See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.DS_Store>, but clearly a Mac OS X
box somehow got involved in your process.  I don't know how that is,
but it's clearly there.

>                                            It seems to me that the patch is
>  looking for a Defaults.py.in file, which I don't have. I could be wrong
>  however in interpreting the error message.

I'd have to check, but the patch you downloaded may be intended to be
applied to a pre-installed source-only version of Mailman, as you
would have downloaded from one of our sites.

I have no idea how it would be applied to a cPanel installation.
Again, see FAQ 6.11.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0