[Mailman-Users] How to configure a list for invitation-only subscriptions?

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:37:37 CEST 2007

On 5/17/07, Carter Braxton <cbraxton at iname.com> wrote:
> How can I configure an existing mailing list to be invitation-only? (That is, disabling the
> ability for the general public to sign up via the web or email interfaces unless an invitation
> is received first.) I must be missing something as I'm sure this is a very common
> requirement, but have not seen anything obvious in the list's options, mailman docs, or
> google searches. Thanks for help with this!

Set 'advertised' to 'No' and 'subscribe_policy' to at least 'Require
approval,' if not 'Confirm and approve.'

Then, send invitations from Member Management > Mass Subscribe. (set
'Subscribe these users now or invite them?' to 'invite')

(Is there a better way to do any part of this?)

--
- Patrick Bogen