[Mailman-Users] detecting administrivia requests in "bounces"

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:33:32 CEST 2007

On 5/17/07, James Dinkel <jdinkel4 at cox.net> wrote:
> For some reason, my users like to send emails to
> listname-bounces at listserver.com.  I guess maybe because that is what is
> in the From: address on emails they recieve.  Anyway, they will be
> emails with a single request in them like "help" or "subscribe" but they
> dome to me because the bounce filter couldn't filter them out.  Is there
> anyway to have these checked for Administrivia?

No way without modifying the code, I think.

It looks like you'd have to modify maybe_forward in BounceRunner to
send it along to CommandRunner instead of just forwarding it to the
admin. Of course, if it's a genuinely unrecognized bounce, this would
result in the sender getting a bounce BACK for the unknown command,
which is bad.

--
- Patrick Bogen