[Mailman-Users] neither receiving or sending

Michael Rainey rmrainey at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 21:56:15 CEST 2007

After months of successful use of Mailman 2.1.5 for several lists, my
hosting company "accidentally" unistalled Mailman. The have since
"reinstalled" it, and it looks like all necessary files in var are there
etc.

However no messages are apparently received (a moderated list---never
shows a pending moderator request), nor sent (no notifications to
administrator or mail delivered to recipients

It is a virtual host and the "add_virtual host ('www.mydomain.ext') was
originally set up correctly but since it has been some time, and I, as a
rank beginner cannot now locate mm_cfg.py (default
/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py) that should exist to check that it
is still intact. Or if 'root /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py' is
the correct path then mailman/Mailman no longer is there.

I did run 'newaliases' but no difference.

My hosting company has offered to back everything up and completely
reinstall, but I don't have much faith in them at this point and have
asked them not to do anything until I can identify probable issues. I
guess as a minimum I would like to back up the (not public) list before
I let them proceed.

Thank you,

MIchael Rainey