[Mailman-Users] Approve held msg by replying

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 7 16:40:41 CEST 2007

John Fleming wrote:

>I can't find it in the FAQ or listname-request help dialogue, but I thought
>there's a way to approve held messages by replying to the notice that I have
>held messages?  Tnx - John

There is no way to approve messaged by replying to the summary "'nn
<listname> moderator request(s) waiting" message.

If the lists General Options->admin_immed_notify is set to Yes, the
notification of an individual held message has 3 parts:

- a text/plain part with a summary of the list name, From:, Subject:
and held reason,

- a message/rfc822 part containing the actual held message and

- a message/rfc822 part containing a message From: the list-request
address with Subject: confirm <token> and with body

 of the body of the reply.

So, if you reply to the message in part 3 (or send any message to the
list-request address with 'confirm <the actual token>' as the
subject), the original message will be accepted or discarded depending
on the presense or absense of a valid Approved: <admin or moderator
password> header in the reply.