[Mailman-Users] Problems, virtual-mailman not created

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Mon May 7 01:08:32 CEST 2007

On Saturday 05 May 2007, Mark Sapiro said:
> Beech Rintoul wrote:
> >I just installed Mailman for the first time and virtual-mailman is
> > not being created. I'm using postfix and have the following in
> > mm_cf.py:
> >
> >MTA = 'Postfix'
> >POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/local/sbin/postalias'
> >POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/local/sbin/postmap'
> >POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domain1.org', 'domain2.com']
> >
> >Running "genaliases" created the aliases db, but there is no
> >virtual_mailman or db.
>
> With the above settings, virtual-mailman* will not be created until
> there is at least one list in domain1.org or domain2.org
>
> >The virtual domains work and receive mail. What do I do next?
> > Trying to create a new list in those domains resulted in not
> > found errors.
>
> You also need
>
> add_virtualhost('webdomain1.org', 'domain1.org')
> add_virtualhost('webdomain2.org', 'domain2.org')

Thanks, that's what I was missing.

> in order to create lists in those domains. If one of these sets is
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST from Defaults.py, then you
> don't need to repeat it. OTOH, if the Defaults.py settings for
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are not correct, then in
> mm_cfg.py you need
>
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.example.com'
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> followed by add_virtualhost() for the remaining hosts. See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.062.h
>tp>.

It still didn't create the files. But, I did a touch virtual-mailman
and it then populated the file and created the db. It may be a
problem with our install, I'll talk to the maintainer.

Thanks for the response,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html