[Mailman-Users] Opinions on domainkeys

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 4 06:06:31 CEST 2007

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

>I just ran across this proposal from Yahoo:
>
>http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
>
>I was examining headers from some yahoogroup email for reasons having to
>do with non-delivery when I ran across the domainkey header.
>
>Has anyone on the list given any thought to it?  Is it a Good Thing(tm)?
>  Or yet another way for Yahoo to try to dominate the planet?
>
>There's a qmail patch available, which is what I'm using, and I wonder
>if there would be Mailman integration issues?  I assume that an
>unmodified Mailman installation would ignore the domainkey header.

See the threads with subject "dkim-signature headers" at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2007-February/thread.html>.

Executive summary:

Mailman currently removes DomainKey-Signature: and DKIM-Signature:
headers from posts and from mail to the -owner address. This is
probably not the right thing to do. Beginning in Mailman 2.1.10, the
removal of these headers will be controlled by a mm_cfg.py option with
the default being to not remove them.