[Mailman-Users] Error? in accept_these_nonmembers Processing

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Tue May 1 16:28:56 CEST 2007

I create new Mailman (2.1.9) lists via copying template files.
One of my template files has:

accept_these_nonmembers = ['user1 at example.com', 'user2 at example.com',
   'user3 at example.com  (Joe Bleaux)', 'user4 at example.com']

(I have split the line for easier readibility.)  When I create a new
list via

     /usr/sbin/newlist $listname
     config_list -i $1.config $listname

I get no complaints, and the administrator web interface shows the
four addresses with the parenthesized name after the third address.
I have not tested whether any of these addresses can post to the new
list.  But when I want to add another address to the list (or remove
an address) via the admin web interface, I get an error messsage about
an incorrect address.  When I remove the parenthesized name, the error
message is not produced.  If the parenthesized name is not valid, I
would expect an error message during the config_list command execution.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov