[Mailman-Users] Original sender address stripped fromforwardedemails.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 31 01:09:45 CEST 2007

>I get similar results when using mutt... I'm not sure this is completely
>related to Outlook either. I guess I just have to keep looking.

I'm not sure what you're seeing with mutt, but what I see is if From:
contains a 'real name' I am shown the real name and not the email
address in the 'index', but when I view the message, I see the actual
From: header and nowhere do I ever see 'from the sender on behalf of
...'.

The bottom line is Mailman doesn't alter the From: header (except in
the case of an anonymous list).

Mailman does alter the Sender: which seems to be in accord with the
RFCs as Mailman is the agent that sends the message to the list
members.