[Mailman-Users] 2 Different Domains on Same Server - Is thisPossible?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 29 05:40:21 CEST 2007

Brian Oliver wrote:

>I already have an instance of mailman running with about 100 mailists.
>My client is now asking if I could host another domain on the same
>server.  So basically, I would require two web instances of mailman on
>the same box, because the clients are unique.
>
>Is this possible, or will I have to procure and stage another mailman
>server?

You don't need a second server. You can run two separate instances of
Mailman on the same server. This allows the two instances to be
completely separate and independent. Your web server and MTA have to
be configured to execute the proper cgi and mail wrappers depending on
domain.

Yo can also use Mailman's virtual domain capability to run only one
instance of Mailman supporting two domains. This does not provide the
separation of two instances. List names must be unique across the
installation (going away in 2.2), and it is possible to access the
other domain's listinfo pages if you know their list names, but the
listinfo and admin overviews will show only the lists for the
accessing domain.