[Mailman-Users] Let me try this again ;-)

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Sun Mar 25 18:14:54 CEST 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Dave Foran wrote:

> Is there an option to have mailman ignore anonymous posts and not even
> acknowledge the post. Just let it go to /dev/null ??

There is probably some way to do that, but I don't know it.  But I'm
not sure that that is the right approach in the first place, since
once your server accepts some incoming mail it has certain
responsibilities.

> Right now, I am seriously blacklisted by the anonymous posts being
> sent by
> spammers and mailman trying to send back a message "your post is not
> allowed"

You should be doing your spam blocking earlier.  Are you using
DNSbl's and or filters to reject incoming spam?  If you reject most
of the spam at SMTP time, then mailman will never see the spam in the
first place and you won't have to generate any bounces.

-j
> -----
> Dave Foran                                  Internet
> ONLY:dave at hamnet.org
>                              Cruise Missile Coordinates 41.36.46N
> 81.25.53W
> -----

Not enough information.  We need altitude as well for setting the
target of a missile.