[Mailman-Users] Mail not going to all members

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Mar 23 22:42:26 CET 2007

Quoting Carl Zwanzig (cpz at tuunq.com):
> In a flurry of recycled electrons, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> > Quoting Mark Sapiro (msapiro at value.net):
> > > Please keep conversations on the list unless there are specific privacy
> > > concerns.
> >
> > I know it's a contentious issue, but if you want conversations to continue
> > on the list then you should make the list set the reply-to back to the
> > list.
>
> It would be far easier for the sender to hit "reply all" (as I just did)
> than change the list settings.

Except it's not the person replying who is objecting to the replies not
going to the list, it's the person being replied to.  If I accidentally
hit "reply" to a message of Mark, it's not me who's going to complain,
it's Mark.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
There are mushrooms that can survive weeks, months without air or food.