[Mailman-Users] checkdbs error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 23 05:57:23 CET 2007

Adam Miller wrote:

>I'm getting some errors with a mailman cron job is running.  I am using
>mailman version 2.1.9 on an FC5 i386 box.
>
>/usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 203, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 104, in main
>     discarded = auto_discard(mlist)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 192, in auto_discard
>     heldmsgs = mlist.GetHeldMessageIds()
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 143, in
>GetHeldMessageIds
>     return self.__getmsgids(HELDMSG)
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 138, in __getmsgids
>     ids = [k for k, (op, data) in self.__db.items() if op == rtype]
>ValueError: too many values to unpack
>

>Any ideas as to what is causing this error and/or how to fix it?  Possibly
>a corrupt pickle?  Thanks!!

Yes. It seems there is at least one bad entry in a
lists/<listname>/request.pck file. If you can identify which one, you
can just remove it or replace it with an 'empty' (24 byte long) one.
You can probably identify which one by visiting the admindb page for
each list in turn until you hit a bug or wierd result.

Or maybe you can see a problem with bin/dumpdb.