[Mailman-Users] trouble migrating a list

Peter pmatulis at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 22 19:01:52 CET 2007

Le Jeudi 22 Mars 2007 13:14, Dragon a écrit :
> Peter wrote:
> >I'm resending this one.  Can anyone help?
> >
> >I have migrated a list from an old installation (2.1.5) to a new machine
> >(running 2.1.8).  It appears that the move was successful since I can
> > access its page at:
> >
> >http://mailman.domain.com/mailman/admin/<listname>
> >
> >But it does not show up on the main admin page:
> >
> >http://mailman.domain.com/mailman/admin
> >
> >This is the procedure I used for the move:
> >
> >cd /var/spool/mailman/lists
> >cp -pr $OLD_MAILMAN/lists/<listname> .
> >withlist -l -r fix_url <listname>
> >cd ../archives/private
> >cp -rp $OLD_MAILMAN/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/ .
> >cleanarch -n < <listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox
> >cleanarch < <listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox > tmp
> >cp tmp <listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox
> >arch --wipe <listname>
> >
> >There are no errors in mailman/logs.
>
> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> If you want to see it on the main page, the list must be advertised.
>
> Go to the list's admin page, go to Privacy Options and set advertised =
> yes.

Problem.

I accessed the list's admin page [I don't know how it worked with the password
I gave (it was the one I use for my other test lists)] and any links I choose
(like the privacy options; to make it advertised) does not use the correct
URL.  It uses localhost.my.domain.  I thought this would have been fixed by
my migration method (fix_url).

Also, my migration procedure was ok for one list but I have about 60 to
migrate.  Any tips on such a mass migration?

Thank you very much,

Pedro