[Mailman-Users] basic postfix/mailman setup issue

Peter pmatulis at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 21 05:04:06 CET 2007

Le Mardi 20 Mars 2007 23:53, Mark Sapiro a écrit :
> Peter wrote:
> >IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/spool/mailman/data/aliases'
> >
> >$ ls -lh /var/spool/mailman/data/aliases
> >-rw-r--r--  1 root      _mailman     0B Mar 20 14:31 aliases
> >
> >$ chmod 660 /var/spool/mailman/data/aliases
> >
> >Then I created another list via the interface and no error!
> >
> >However, I did get a postfix error since I had not put in the new aliases
> > file path.  After doing that and reloading postfix I created another
> > list. Everything was ok except I get the Group mismatch error again.
> >
> >Guess I need to remove the package and install the port.
>
> Maybe, maybe not.
>
> What is the group of aliases.db?

$ ls -lh /var/spool/mailman/data/aliases*
-rw-rw----  1 _mailman  _mailman  10.4K Mar 20
23:52 /var/spool/mailman/data/aliases
-rw-r-----  1 www       _mailman  64.0K Mar 20
23:52 /var/spool/mailman/data/aliases.db

> And what's "_mailman" in the ls output above.

That's the mailman group that the OpenBSD install sets up.  There is also the
_mailman user.

> And what does your mismatch error say it expected and got?

Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/local/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request gravitar". Command output:
    Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
    executed as group "_mailman", but the system's mail server executed the
    mail script as group "www".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script
    as group "_mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line
    option `--with-mail-gid=www'.