[Mailman-Users] Display error for 'members' page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 20 23:51:44 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>The problem is the upper case letters in the domain. This shouldn't
>>happen, but there may be a mailman bug. I don't see a problem in the
>>code, but there may be.
>

>I can duplicate the problem. I'll work up a patch. In the mean time,
>don't try to specify a new address with upper case in the domain.

The problem occurred in bin/clone_member if the new address had an all
lower case local part and some upper case in the domain.

Attached is a patch to OldStyleMemberships.py which fixes this problem
and one other. The other fix is if this is a straight address change,
preserve the members delivery status if it is disabled by admin or by
user, but not if it is by bounce.

This patch will be in Mailman 2.1.10 and 2.2.