[Mailman-Users] Mailman possible overloading Postfix

Johann MacDonagh johann at macdonaghs.com
Sat Mar 17 07:55:18 CET 2007

Well it just seems kind of strange. I upgraded the stats on the VPS and
haven't had any of those issues since. I Googled my error when I first
got it and found a couple of the sites you mentioned. For them, it
seems, the error is constant and blocks Postfix from working. In my
case, Postfix works fine (it appears the mail goes out), but sometimes
it causes issues like I mention in my next paragraph.

Just some more information, when Postfix was busy sending all of it's
mail, I sometimes wouldn't be able to use such programs like tail or vi,
because a shared library could not be opened (usually libc). That's what
led me to believe Postfix or Mailman was attempting to use more
resources than it should.

Johann