[Mailman-Users] Show bounce score

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 15 05:19:22 CET 2007

Carl Paukstis wrote:

>Is there an easy way for me as server operator, or for list owners, to
>find out the bounce score and other bounce-processing details for an
>individual subscriber address (or all subscribers on a list)?

The easiest way to check an individual subscriber is to find the person
in the admin Membership list and follow the link to their options
page, and if they have a bounce score it is reported on that page.

For a single user or an entire list, you can grep Mailman's bounce log
(or logs if they rotate) for the user's email or the list name.

You could also make a withlist script to report the bounce info for
bouncing members. I just added a simple one (get_bounce_info.py) to my
examples at <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/> (mirror
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/>). At a minimum it could use an
option to ignore stale info.