[Mailman-Users] Gmail eats MM messages

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Mar 14 19:49:04 CET 2007

Quoting Dragon (dragon at crimson-dragon.com):
> Paul Tomblin wrote:
> >Quoting Ryan Steele (steele at agora-net.com):
> >> any other folder.  I went back to check the Exim log for failed or
> >> delayed deliveries, only to find nothing (well, for foobar at gmail.com
> >> anyways :-)
> >
> >One of the "features" of gmail is that it doesn't show you the return of
> >mail that you sent to mailing list, only the one you sent (so without the
> >mailing list subject line prefix, headers, etc).  It's annoying as hell if
> >you ask me, but that's gmail for you.
>
> There is a FAQ entry on this.
>
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.042.htp

That FAQ entry says absolutely nothing about the issue in question.  GMail
isn't rejecting the message thinking it's spam, they're discarding your
copy of it.  Other gmail users will recieve it, it's only the sender who
won't see it.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
"He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he