[Mailman-Users] Trouble with mailman external responses

Stefan Berglund stefan.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:02:34 CET 2007

Hello, I'm trying to set up mailman along with postfix to be able to create
my own mailllists at home.. I use a dyndns, which I'd like to use for the
mail list URL (is that possible??) - boffman.mine.nu.

It seems to work fine, I can send mail between users on the machine,
locally.. I can send mail from a local user to an external mail.. And the
other way around.

I can also subscribe to a list, locally, and get the confirmation.. But this
is what fails externally.

That is, if I send a mail to some "list-subscribe at boffman.mine.nu" from an
external mail account, something goes wrong.. For some reason it uses the
result from gethostname()(?) as address in the mail (
blahblah.bredband.comhem.se) instead of boffman.mine.nu.

I have a log extract from the mail log over this scenario, here:
http://rafb.net/p/WRvuTL64.html

As I understand, something (wrong) happens at line 11.. There it uses "@
c83-255-126-145.bredband.comhem.se" for the first time.. Which I do not
want.. And after that, it uses that as from-address in the relay.. Or
something. I can't figure out what happens.. I just hope it's some simple
configuration detail that I've missed.

Any tips are highly apprecciated !!