[Mailman-Users] Urgent newbie help - "Hit a bug" page

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sat Mar 3 04:33:11 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
To: "John Fleming" <john at wa9als.com>; <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Urgent newbie help - "Hit a bug" page

> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>>Try the following shell script
>>
>>#! /bin/sh
>>for list in `/path/to/bin/list_lists --bare`
>>do echo ----------------------------------
>>echo list: $list
>>/path/to/bin/dumpdb /path/to/lists/$list/config.pck | grep advertised
>>echo -----------------------------------
>>done
>

> BTW, this will only identify the problem list. If the only thing wrong
> with it is the missing advertised attribute, you can fix it with
> withlist.
>
> bin/withlist -l listname

> The last input is control-D (eof). If the list should not be
> advertised, then set m.advertised = 0.

1.  I must be doing something wrong - Running that script only gives me:

Luke:/var/lib/mailman# ./johntest <----- the script
sh-2.05b#

2.  There are other atribute errors in the log - I see name and language, to
name 2.  (I haven't changed anything, so why are the atributes missing
anyway?)

3.
Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin# ./withlist -l sked
The variable `m' is the sked MailList instance

Unlocking (but not saving) list: sked
Finalizing
Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin#