[Mailman-Users] Urgent newbie help - "Hit a bug" page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 2 17:15:54 CET 2007

John Fleming wrote:

>Never seen this before - When visiting mailman listinfo web page, I get:
>
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
>traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
>the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
>
>- and my lists aren't working.  Restarting qrunner or rebooting (!) don't
>help.  Anything stand out to you in the error log below?  pid file missing??
>How would that happen?  Any help for this newbie would be greatly
>appreciated!  Thanks - John

It appears that the config.pck file for at least one list is corrupt.

Try running

 bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/config.pck

for all your lists. If you find one that looks like things are missing,
try

 bin/dumpdb -p lists/<listname>/config.pck.last

for that list. If the config.pck.last looks OK (it probably won't), you
can do

 cp lists/<listname>/config.pck.last lists/<listname>/config.pck

for that list. Otherwise, I hope you have a recent backup.