[Mailman-Users] default language and English

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Thu Mar 1 19:41:18 CET 2007

Hello again,

>> Mark - I know have no right to ask for any future features but would
>> you consider offering future mailman versions more suited for newsletter
>> type of things? Maybe a general switch during list creation to
>> distinguish between discussion lists (with its own set of settings) and
>> a newsletter type of lists where most of the settings are redundant
>> (digets, passwords,
>> option pages).
>
> You have as much right as anyone to request features.

I meant at least in the sense that I am using the software, not paying
anything, getting your precious support & taking your time, but ...
thanks!

> We have had discussions which I don't have time to look up right now of
> adding a theme concept to list creation. I.e. a 'discussion' theme, an
> 'announcement' theme, etc. Then you could specify a theme for a list
> and it would be set up appropriately.

> Anyway, see the wiki at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Mailman+2.2>
> regarding plans and feature requests.

I am sure things are going in the right direction. I just think that
building some kind of e-marketing features into mailman might help it
considerably in gaining new grounds. I work in a non-profit sector and I
am happy I can use open source tools. Thanks for mailman. I stop hacking
mailman sources and patiently wait for new verions.

Warm regards,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot