[Mailman-Users] Member only list?

L. H. l.h. at raqtweak.com
Wed Jun 27 04:31:59 CEST 2007

> >> Have you read http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
> >> req=show&file=faq01.009.htp
> >> regarding this message?
>
> Reread item 2) (one sentence) in FAQ 1.9.
>
> The problem is the list is not explicitly addressed in the To: or Cc:
> headers of the post.

Right!
That was it. Since the rackstar system is designed for virtual hosting, I
made it so each list gets a unique name. So that multiple sites can have a
list called "info". Rackstar will internally name them 53-info and 69-info,
etc.

I did setup aliases to forward info at domain.com to 53-info at domain.com
But, apparently, it did not take. How do I make it so it does take that?

Next up:
1) OPEN List
# Set misc settings
generic_nonmember_action = 0
default_member_moderation = no
subscribe_policy = 0
max_message_size = 50
reply_goes_to_list = 1

---> NO verification required, but does need mod approval for subscribing
---> STILL requires mod approval of the message (non member)

3) CLOSED (all posts req mod approval)
# Set misc settings
default_member_moderation = yes
member_moderation_action = 1
member_moderation_notice = 'Sorry, subscribers cannot post to this list.'
generic_nonmember_action = 1
subscribe_policy = 2
max_message_size = 50
reply_goes_to_list = 1

---> MEMBER POSTS: Messages are PROCESSED, not held for approval.
---> NON MEMBER POST: Approval. So this is good.
---> MOD APPROVAL required for subscribing. Good.

Etc etc.

So I guess I am asking, (and god I've googled!!), how do I, using
config_list, create the following scenario's

1) EVERYONE can post to the list. Members or non menmers
2) only members can post
3) any message, member or no member, requires mod approva.

4) anyone can sign up, no verification or approval required.
5) verification required, no approval required
6) verification + approval required

I hope someone can help me out. I've been searching like crazy.... ;)