[Mailman-Users] post formatting and timing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 27 00:21:07 CEST 2007

Michael Welch wrote:

>Hi again. The problem seemed cured, now I am getting garbled posts again.

Here's my guess about the 'missing' line returns.

The original posts in the "I lost my patch  :-(" thread were in charset
utf-8 and were base64 encoded. So were a couple of the posts in
today's "export list subscribers list" thread.

My guess (I haven't actually looked at the raw decoded message) is that
the decoded plain text has *nix <LF> only line endings as opposed to
<CR><LF> endings. This would not violate RFC 2821 as the data on the
wire is the base64 encoded data, not the original text.

I think the issue may be that your MUA doesn't recognize a single <LF>
in the decoded text as a line break.