[Mailman-Users] announcements only: setting?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jun 24 16:47:54 CEST 2007

Chuck Puckett wrote:

>I wonder if it's ever reaching mailman. The error message in the bounced
>message is
>
>Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc1-s24.bay0.hotmail.com
>Received-From-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
>Arrival-Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:01:50 -0700
>
>Final-Recipient: rfc822;announcements at lists.puckettpublishing.com
>Action: failed
>Diagnostic-Code: smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
>rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Yes, it isn't reaching Mailman. It appears to be a hotmail issue. It
looks like hotmail won't deliver to the lists.puckettpublishing.com
domain. I don't know why.

There doesn't appear to be an MX DNS record for
lists.puckettpublishing.com, but there is an A record so that should
be OK.

>I have a support request into my web host (www.hiwaay.net).

It may help if they add an MX record to DNS for
lists.puckettpublishing.com, but this may be something you have to
pursue with hotmail.