[Mailman-Users] lurker behaving strangely

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jun 21 05:45:57 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, Jenny Hopkins wrote:

>  I'm sorry - I presumed lurker was a sort of add-on to mailman, and
>  thought I saw references to it as I went through the mailman archives.
>  (Googling for 'lurker' and anything to do with mailing lists or irc
>  tends to bring up the wrong references :-))

Well, it is an add-on.  However, it's not included as part of the
standard Mailman package that we provide, and there really aren't any
official parts of Mailman that aren't included in that package.  In
this case, it's an add-on that is provided by some third party, which
makes use of hooks that we do provide as part of the Mailman package.

So, there isn't any problem with those hooks (so far as I can tell),
which means that whatever problems you're having would appear to be
contained solely within that third-party add-on.

>>  At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to check your cron jobs to make
>>  sure they're all in order.
>>

>  Thanks, Brad, I'll check this out.

Good luck.

Please do let us know how things turn out.  We don't provide official
support for third-party add-ons, but it can be useful for us to
provide links to where people can get support, in case someone else
in the future follows the same logic that you did.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0