[Mailman-Users] Mailman installation problem/permissions

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 02:55:57 CEST 2007

On 6/18/07, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
> >
> >> What does the apache error_log say about this?
> >
> >client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/create
>

> So this is an apache configuration issue, not a Mailman permissions
> issue. Do you have ExecCGI implicitly or explicitly on the
> /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/ directory in the apache config plus all
> the other apache stuff like mod_cgi?

Yes, I see that it is an Apache issue. In httpd.conf, for the Document
Root, I have set:

<Directory />
        RewriteEngine On
    Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

Options All

I also have a Directory entry for the /usr/local/mailman directory,
with ExecCGI specified, which I guess is redundant if I have it above.

As for mod_cgi, Apache says that it is loading it on startup.

I know this isn't and Apache mailing list, but if you have
suggestions, they are most welcome.

Chris