[Mailman-Users] Problems with virtual domains on postfix...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 14 05:23:34 CEST 2007

Roberto Leibman wrote:

>Help! I can't get my list to work. For some reason postfix keeps
>redirecting email sent to the list to the non-list domain.

I've looked over the information you includes, and I don't see anything
obviously wrong, but I know almost nothing about Postfix.

Perhaps someone else on this list can help, but the Mailman stuff that
relates to Postfix looks OK. This is really a Postfix question, and I
suggest you may get better help from Postfix support resources.

There is one problem in you Mailman config that I tont't think affects
the problem you're having, but will affect other things.

In mm_cfg.py, you have

add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, 'saclug.org')

The second of these effectively nullifies the first. All 'url hosts' in
add_virtualhost() directives must be unique because the 'url host' is
a key in a python dictionary mapping and the 'email host' is the value
of that key. So, in the above, the first add_virtualhost() just sets
the value of the 'www.leibmanland.com' key to 'leibmanland.com' and
the second replaces that value with 'saclug.org'.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.062.htp>
for some consequences of this.