[Mailman-Users] List archive and config problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 14 04:16:55 CEST 2007

Jo'Asia wrote:

>I checked the log - there is *some* info, nothing helpful to me, but,
>if necessary, I can quote it...

That's what it's for. Please send the tracebacks from Mailman's error
log.

>Now even an attemt to log into the admin interface of this list
>generates this error message. :(
>
>I run check_db - it says the config.pck file is OK.

It only checks that it can be read as a pickle. It doesn't check the
integrity of the data.

>List as such is running OK - mails are recieved, delivered and
>archived (still in *private* archive directory), only the admin
>interface is broken.

All lists are archived in the private directory. The public directory
only contains symlinks to the private archives.

The good news is if the list works, the config.pck is OK.

>Where else should I look for the cause?

Tell us what the error messages say.

>If everything else fails it's possible to create a new list and
>import as much information from "strings dump" of the pickle file but
>I'd rather revive the current one. And fix this damn archiving...

It's very tedious, and in this case, I don't think it's necessary.