[Mailman-Users] Mysterious moderator requests - was: (no subject)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 11 16:53:12 CEST 2007

picon at webmail.co.za wrote:

>Every morning I get the following yet, there are no such mails waiting.
>I am running mandriva 2007.0, mailman-2.1.9-1mdv2007.0
>
>Does anyone know where to disable these?

<snip>

>waiting for your consideration at:
>
>	http://jhb.ucs.co.za/mailman/admindb/support.specialty

The usual cause of this is you have residue of an old or test
installation that has these pending requests.

In addition, there is some misconfiguration in that installation since
as far as I can tell, there is no DNS A or CNAME record for
jhb.ucs.co.za, only an MX and a TXT record so the jhb.ucs.co.za domain
is only valid for email, not for web access.

To what URL are you going to check for these requests?