[Mailman-Users] removed subcribers still there

Juan Miscaro scry_mr at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 9 13:02:55 CEST 2007

--- Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Brad Knowles wrote:
>
> >On 6/8/07, Juan Miscaro wrote:
> >
> >>  Nevertheless, my mail logs continue to show sending attempts to
> the
> >>  removed addresses.
> >
> >It sounds to me like those messages were already delivered by
> Mailman
> >to your MTA, and your MTA is continuing to try to deliver those
> >messages.

My MTA is rejecting with a 550 (user does not exist):

Jun  9 06:46:32 paladin postfix/smtpd[24327]: 096FCC4408: reject: RCPT
from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.1 <user at example.com>: Recipient
address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table;
from=<list-bounces at listes.example.com> to=<user at example.com>
proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.example.com>

> Another possibility is that for these non-existent local addresses
> The
> local outgoing MTA is reporting an error at SMTP time that Mailman
> thinks is retryable causing mailman to queue the message in its
> 'retry' queue for later retry.

> What's in Mailman's smtp and smtp-failure logs and Mailman's
> qfiles/retry directory?

Indeed I did find related data in these places.

$ tail -1 smtp
Jun 09 06:46:35 2007 (10585)
<20070604205900.3839FC43EC at mail.example.com> smtp to list for 500
recips, completed in 123.168 seconds

$ tail -600 smtp-failure | grep example
Jun 09 06:46:35 2007 (10585) delivery to user at example.com failed with
code -1: Connection unexpectedly closed

$ ls qfiles/retry/
total 340
-rw-rw----  1 _mailman  _mailman   168K Jun  9 06:46
1180990742.5870631+624e43c97588e6d1b02021804f85513e7a31e195.pck

What can I do to stop this delivery?  Just delete the .pck file?

Thank you very much.

Juan

      Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/