[Mailman-Users] Complete List...

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Fri Jun 8 21:06:05 CEST 2007

Jeff Shepherd <jeffs at tolisgroup.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm relatively new to Mailman (switching from ezmlm) and I'm curious
>if there is a way (outside of the command line) if you can view a
>listing of a complete list to be able to print it for hard copy
>reasons, so that you don't have to print 26 different ones?
>
>I figured out how to do that in the command line (/usr/lib/mailman/
>bin/list_memers [listname]) but most of the company management
>doesn't know the command line and I'm trying to take the step of them
>having to go through me to export the list in the command line and
>give them the ability to do it themselves.

I wrote a shell script that essentially does

     #!/bin/csh
     foreach list (`ls /var/lib/mailman/lists`)
	  /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members $list
     end

does some reformatting, and stores the file on the Mailman machine.
The output has

     --------
     listname1 user1 at example.com
     --------
     listname2 user2 at example.com
     --------

so it can be searched by listname or e-mail address.

I run the cron every hour.  The list of all subscribers to all lists
is available to those who have access to the Mailman machine.
Something like that might suit your needs.  Depending upon the
frequency of subscribes and unsubscribes, you could run it more
frequently.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov