[Mailman-Users] archive processing problem (mmarch w/ MIME)

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Thu Jun 7 17:48:22 CEST 2007

On 6/7/07, John Reddy wrote:

>> This may be the case.  This system was recently (a couple of months ago)
>> upgraded to the 64bit Debian.  It could be a problem within one of the
>> packages, either mailman or python.

And Brad Knowles replied:

>Now that you remind me that this is Debian and you're using the
>packaged version of Mailman, I am having this vague feeling that
>we've run into problems before with Debian and the way they handle
>(mishandle) the email module within Python.
>
>I'm not sure this is related, but check out the thread at
><http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-April/056659.html>.
>
>If this does turn out to be related, then it sounds like we have
>another issue to put into the FAQ Wizard.

Because I had no idea exactly what source I was using when I first
installed Mailman 2.1.5+ on Ubuntu (based on Debian), I decided that
I had to use the current 2.1.9 source.  My management wanted a
package install, so I built a package from the 2.1.9 source.
It was not difficult.  I had to determine how to tell the package not
to remove the pythonlib library, which, in my case, was not empty.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov