[Mailman-Users] Email subscription

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 5 22:53:35 CEST 2007

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

>I have been searching the archives and have not been able to find my answer.
>I just want to be able to subscribe by email.  Does not seem to be working.
>Do you send to listname-subscribe at lists.blah blah blah and then subscribe.
>Is there something else that needs to be running on the machine.  I just
>have a simple set up with Mailman 2.0 and sendmail.  Any direction would be
>greatly appreciated.

If this is really Mailman 2.0, I think you have to send a 'subscribe'
command to listname-request at lists.blah blah blah.

The listname-subscribe and listname-join addresses were first
introduced in Mailman 2.1.

If it's really Mailman 2.1, and you get no response to a message to
listname-subscribe, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.

Also check the list's Privacy options...->Subscription
rules->subscribe_policy.