[Mailman-Users] deleting users over multiple lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 5 03:47:05 CEST 2007

Ryan Steele wrote:

>Juan Miscaro wrote:
>> I want to be able to go
>>
>> $ bin/remove_members --fromall *@example.com
>>
>> but I read on the mailman FAQ that regexp/globs are not permitted.
>>
>> Juan
>>

>You want to use bin/withlist, which will support regular expressions.

Well, you can do anything with withlist, but you have to write the
Python script to do it. There is no Mailman MailList method that
directly supports deleting all members matching a regexp.

It seems to me that the easiest way to do this is to use
bin/find_member which does accept regexps to create a list of members
to be deleted and then use bin/remove_members to process that list.