[Mailman-Users] deleting users over multiple lists

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Mon Jun 4 16:00:03 CEST 2007

Juan Miscaro wrote:
> --- Ryan Steele <steele at agora-net.com> wrote:
>

>> Juan Miscaro wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to delete subscriber addresses over multiple lists
>>> easily (command line)?  I am using Mailman 2.1.8 on OpenBSD 4.0.
>>>

>> Maybe something like this for a single user:
>> for list in `bin/list_lists | awk '{print $1}'` do;
>>      bin/remove_members $list username
>> done
>>

> Can't I just go
>
> $ bin/remove_members --fromall user at example.com
>
> ?

Yes, but only if you want them removed from every list.  Your request
indicated to me you only wanted to remove them from a subset of all the
lists - e.g., you said "multiple lists", not "all lists".

>> ...or this for multiple users
>> users='foo bar baz'
>> for list in `bin/list_lists | awk '{print $1}'` do;
>>      bin/remove_members $list users
>> done
>>

>>> I also want to be able to remove all addresses from particular
>>>
>> domains.
>>

>> You mean, remove all members from all lists belonging to a particular
>> domain name?
>>

> Yes, that is what I mean.
>
> I want to be able to go
>
> $ bin/remove_members --fromall *@example.com
>
> but I read on the mailman FAQ that regexp/globs are not permitted.
>
> Juan

You want to use bin/withlist, which will support regular expressions.

--
Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator