[Mailman-Users] Low level smtp error: Server not connected

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jun 4 07:33:46 CEST 2007

On 6/4/07, Leonard Jacobs wrote:

>  Yes, I have tried all the suggestions provided earlier in FAQ 4.73 & 6.14.

Could you also trim your replies?  Including several levels of
additional material from previous replies makes it very difficult to
tell who has said what, and where the new text is.

>  In /etc/postfix/main.cf I have the following settings:

As I said, you may also need to look at the output of "postconf -d",
because the program may be taking some defaults that have been
compiled in as opposed to being defined in your configuration file.

>  Which other postfix settings are the "companion values" to those Mailman
>  ones?

See the link I previously posted.  You should pay special attention
to the "Recipients" section further down that page (at
<http://www.postfix.org/rate.html#recipients>).

Just because the standard postfix source compiled-in value may be
higher than the value you define in your mm_cfg.py file, doesn't mean
that the people who created the binary package for your platform
actually used that default when building the package.  You need to
check what they actually provided to you, and you can only do that
through the output of "postconf -d".

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0