[Mailman-Users] Web interface problem with HTTPS

Andreas Németh andreas.nemeth at aporem.net
Fri Jul 27 10:30:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

I try to ensure HTTPS communication for the $prefix/admin and $prefix/
private directories. Normal HTTP works fine, so I assume my
configuration of mailman should be ok.

Here the apache configuration:

ScriptAlias /mailman /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin
<Location /mailman>
SetHandler cgi-script
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
<IfModule rewrite_module>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond   %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
     RewriteRule admin.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
     RewriteRule private.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
</IfModule>

This works fine too, the URIs being properly rewritten.

Now here's my problem: I can't change any settings anymore if these
settings are active, the web interface responds normally, anyhow.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Greetings,
Andreas Nemeth