[Mailman-Users] problem with attachments mailman 2.1.9

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 25 17:02:13 CEST 2007

Stephan Lidanski wrote:

>Hello, I have a problem with attachments from automated system
>I am using debian 3 with python 2.3 + mailman 2.1.9 with htdig patch

And what is the problem? If you want to know why Content filtering is
not removing this, it is because this is not a separate MIME part
which is all that Content filtering deals with.

This 'attachment' is plain text uuencoded data within the text/plain
message. If you don't want this on your list, you will have to pevent
the sender (an automated system?) from sending them or not allow this
sender to post.

>the type of message is:
>7BIT
>

>This I see in archives and in client's mail application thunderbird
>Before with mailman 2.1.5 there was no problem
>
><<File: T1120.XLS>>
>> Please refer to the attached file for
>> the Shipalerts
>>
>> This mail was sent from an