[Mailman-Users] which / getmylists command

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 23 17:19:29 CEST 2007

chris burgess wrote:

>One of our Mailman users wanted to get a list of the lists he was subscribed
>to. He read "somewhere on the internet" that this was available by posting
>GETMYLISTS to Mailman.

Never heard of this.

>I can't find this documented anywhere, but I did find this page which
>mentions a 'which' command that does the same thing.
>
>http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/help/mailman/commands.htm

I can't get this page. www.mcmaster.ca appears to not be in DNS. I
can't even access the name servers listed for the mcmaster.ca domain
by IP.

This function exists in Mailman only in the following way:

The user visits her options page for one list at e.g.,
http://www.example.com/mailman/options/mylist1/user@example.net and
clicks the "List my other subscriptions" button. This will show all
the lists in the www.example.com domain of which user at example.net is a
member.

There is no email request to do this.

There is an email 'lists' command (sent to the listname-request
address), but it lists all public lists, not the lists of which the
user is a member.