[Mailman-Users] Subscriber question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 23 07:12:38 CEST 2007

Dennis Carr wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>> I assume the only way is to subscribe with a second address
>>

>> Correct!
>

>What about the delimiters?  Or would that interfere with VERP?

That's a good idea. I just looked at VERP_REGEXP, and I don't think
there would be a problem with either a '+' or a '-' delimiter in the
users local part.

Of course, what delimiter to use and how it is handled upon delivery to
the recipient depends on the recipient's mail delivery agent. As one
problematic example, mail to msapiro-xxx at value.net will be stored in
an xxx folder on my server which is not available to my pop3 MUAs and
is only accessable via webmail. Mail to msapiro+xxx at value.net is
undeliverable.

Another possible option is to use two different domains which
ultimately deliver to the same server, e.g., user at example.com and
user at mail.example.com, but both this and the delimiter option still
require subscribing two addresses.