[Mailman-Users] first time question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jul 21 18:44:46 CEST 2007

Leonard Slutsky wrote:

>I just setup a new mailman list. How can I insure that only select
>people can send messages to all of the people on the list? (I don't
>want all of the memebers sending messages, only a few). I sent a test
>message, and the "to" field was the listserv address, which could be
>easily found by anyone.

Set everyones 'moderated' flag on except those you want to be able to
post. It may be easiest to set everyone moderated using the Membership
management->Additional Member Tasks->Set everyone's moderation bit,
including those members not currently visible feature and then unset
those who can post.  You may also want to set Privacy
options...->Sender filters->default_member_moderation to Yes. Also set
Privacy options...->Sender filters->member_moderation_action as
desired and if set to Reject, set member_moderation_notice as
appropriate.

Also see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>.