[Mailman-Users] one click unsubscribe

Wes wes9999 at myfastmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:08:22 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Wes wrote:
>
>> This effectively goes to the options page and then submits the form as
>> if the user clicked the "unsubscribe" button on the options page.
>>
>> This works fine, but I'd really like to customize the page that the user
>> sees.  It currently has a confirmation at the top saying "the
>> confirmation email has been sent", but the rest of the page contains 3
>> big blue sections, one being a password box, the second being the
>> unsubscribe button, and the third being a password reminder button.  The
>> user doesn't need to see any of this, because I've already submitted the
>> form for them (via a GET) .
>>
>> Is there any way to customize this page?  I only see a customization
>> optios for the subscribe page, and the user specific options page, but
>> not this page.
>>

> This page is hard coded in Mailman/Cgi/Options.py. If you have the
> ability to patch the code, it would be fairly straightforward to add
> another variable to the query portion of your URL so you could
> identify that this is what you're dealing with and just not generate
> the 3 extra sections in that case.

Unfortunately, I'm on a shared cpanel setup... so I presume I cannot
edit this.  Any other ideas?

I have another way to do it, via the "user specific" options page, and I
can force the submit and checking of the checkbox, but the problem with
this option is that there is no email confirmation step, so it opens the
door to possibly having people unsubscribe other people...(if one
forwards a list email to someone else)

I may go this route, as I presume a "goodbye" mail goes out, so if the
person was inadvertently unsubsubscribed, they will know about it and be
able to correct the situation...